You can now run 64bit WineHQ Wine 2.21 on your Mac OSX system with Wineskin WS9Wine keep in mind this is kinda sorta beta but fun none the less. Update I updated the link to the latest Wine Staging 2.21 OSX 64 bit release. Feb 01, 2016 The 2.5.8 version of Wineskin for Mac is provided as a free download on our website. This app's bundle is identified as com.wineskin.doh123. The most popular version of Wineskin for Mac is 1.0. The program lies within System Tools, more precisely General. This free Mac application is a product of Wineskin.Wineskin. Jul 03, 2017 Third-party tools include WineBottler, PlayOnMac, and Wineskin. There’s also the free Porting Kit, which makes installing classic games easy, and the commercial CrossOver Mac, which is the only application here you have to pay for. We’ll be using WineBottler for this tutorial, as it seems like the most popular option among Mac users.
- Wineskin Mac Install Usb
- Wineskin Mac Install Software
- How To Update Wineskin On Mac
- Wineskin Mac Installer
How to Install S & S Windows Applications on a MAC Computer Using Wineskin
Wineskin is a user-friendly tool used to make ports of Microsoft Windows software to Apple's macOS/Mac OS X. How Does It Work? As described in the original Wineskin's website. The ports are in the form of normal macOS application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose. With Porting Kit, you can install Windows games and apps on macOS easily using Wineskin technology!
Wineskin provides free Windows emulation support to run S & S applications on a MAC.
What is Wineskin?
Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (or later). The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose (that is the strategy used here). Best of all, it’s free and does not require installation of the Windows OS!
If you are satisfied with this installation process, please consider making a donation to Wineskin in support of the excellent work they do in creating the Wine wrapper engine. A brief video tutorial explaining how to use Wineskin to create a Windows wrapper is provided at the bottom of this webpage. Current Version is v2.6.2.
- Click on the Wineskin download link. The download will start automatically and show up in your downloads tool bar at the bottom of your browser screen as Wineskin Winery.app V…zip. When the download has completed, double click it to open it in a new finder window.
Wineskin Mac Install Usb
- Double click the download labeled “Wineskin Winery App”
- Once the app has created a new desktop icon, which will show up in the same finder
window as your download, double click on the Wineskin Winery icon.
- This will bring up a security window, asking if you would like to open the Wineskin Winery application which was downloaded from the Internet (even though it is from an unidentified developer), select Open.
- Once the app is installed, it will automatically open. Select the bottom option that says
Create New Blank Wrapper.
- Type in the name of the program you are installing (this set of instructions creates a wrapper for the SewArt application. You should replace SewArt with the name of the program you are installing, such as SewWhat-Pro, SewWrite, etc.). Select OK.
- Once the wrapper is created, go to the S & S product download page for the program you wish to install (for example, click Shop->SewArt to access the SewArt webpage). Click the Download (Mac) version button.
- This will once again create a download in your browser. When the download has finished, if
your settings automatically open the downloaded app, you will receive an alert saying your
computer cannot open the application. Select OK.
- Single click your Downloads folder (in your dock at the bottom of your screen).
- Select the Open in Finder option
- Right click (two finger tap on your mouse pad) the install app
- This will pop up a menu. Hover over the Open With option. Select the Other… option.
- In the window that pops up, type in the Search box the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case).
- Click the box next to the “Always Open With” option
- Double click the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case)
- If your security preferences do not allow for unidentified developers, click OK on the
security alert that pops up. If no security alert pops up, continue to the next step.
- Right click on the install app, and select the Open With then the SewArt option (this will be
based on the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6).
- Select Open in the security alert that pops up.
- The SewArt installer will now open. Select Yes.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and select Yes to agree and continue with the install.
- Select Close once the install has completed.
- Select OK when the alert box pops up saying the program has been installed.
- Right click on the new icon created on your desktop (.ink) and select Open with then
- Search again for the wrapper you created in Step 6
- Important: To skip this step in the future, select the box next to the option Always Open With.
- Select the wrapper you created in Step 6.
- The program (SewArt in this case) will now open, and you can use it just like you would on a Windows computer!
Use the MAC Download button on the product page to download the zipped S & S application Wineskin Wrapper to the Download folder on your MAC. For example, if you are installing SewWhat-Pro, the zipped wrapper file will be named Wineskin-SewWhat-Pro.app.zip. Unzip it and run it to install the product. You may be prompted that “SewWhat-Pro (or whatever application you are installing) is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Select “Open” to continue with the installation. You may have to change your security settings to allow the file to run, as explained here. The Wineskin programs will have a wine colored icon next to the file name after they are installed (see figure below).
Once the installation is successfully completed and you open the application, the S & S product application registration box will open. You may now choose to continue using the product as a Demo or enter your registration information if you purchased a license.
Thanks to Kourtney U. for providing this informative step-by-step set of instructions.
NOTE: This is for the GOG version of Deus Ex 1. If you need the CD version go to Wineskin Install CD Rom
SAD NOTE: Due to apple dropping support for 32 Bit with the release of macOS 10.15 (Catalina) onwards it will no longer work!
I wrote a tutorial back in 2014 on how to install Deus Ex 1 GOTY on Wineskin with the CD rom version, but due to some comments people wanted to know how to do the same with the GOG version since there are certain issues - mainly macOS 10.13 so now I have wrote this.
For this tutorial you will need the following:
- For this 'How to' I am using the 'Offline Backup Installer' of Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition puchased from GOG.com
- Wineskin 1.7 and make sure to use wrapper version 2.6.2 which can be downloaded for free here.
Setup the Wineskin Wrapper
Lets get started by launching 'Wineskin Winery' and choose 'WS9WineCX15.3.1' engine (This is also VERY important if you want it to work) then press 'Create New Blank Wrapper'.
Now call it 'Deus Ex GOG' and press okay to create the blank wrapper.
Once done select 'View wrapper in Finder' and now you can quit the 'Wineskin Winery' app which is no longer needed.
This will show your new wrapper in the finder so simply click the icon + ctrl key. From the popup that appears choose 'Show Package Contents'.
Open the 'Wineskin' app.
First lets select the 'Set Screen Options'.
From the new window simply make sure only 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11' and 'Decorate windows' are checked under the 'Other Options'. This is one of things that is really important to get it to work on macOS 10.13. Once done press 'Done'.
Now select the 'Advanced' button.
Once the new window appears choose the 'Tools' tab then 'Winetricks' under 'Utilities'.
How to format flash drive for mac. Now this is another part that is really.. really important to work on macOS 10.13, otherwise you will have loads of issues trying to install the Gog version of the game.
First search for 'vid' and expand 'settings' and choose 'videomemorysize=2048' checkbox. Then choose 'run' - a popup will appear saying do you wish to run winetricks, just press 'run'. Once it is up and running just press the 'close' button.
Wineskin Mac Install Software
Install Deus Ex GOG version
Now time to install Deus Ex, so choose the 'Configuration' tab and press the 'Install Software' button.
How To Update Wineskin On Mac
Choose the 'Choose Setup Executable' option.
Now find your downloaded Gog version of Deus Ex - at this time it's 'setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm (revision126.96.36.199.5)(24946).exe'.
Now this should be straight forward but I will show what options appear. So for a start choose your language by default it is English.
Check the 'Yes, I have read and accept EULA' option. Now for me I don't want an alias appearing on my desktop so I then choose 'Options' on the left.
.. so uncheck the 'Create desktop icon option and then click 'Install' on the right.
Now you will get the progress bar as it starts to install.. full of loads of game adds.
Once finished you will see some small warning windows (maybe around 3 or 4) but don't worry just press 'Okay'. Now you should have the 'Installed Successfully' screen. Just press 'Exit' since we need to set the startup application.
From the next window choose the startup app which is based in 'GOG Games/Deus Ex GOTY/System/DeusEx.exe' and press 'OK'.
Wineskin Mac Installer
Now just quit the 'Deus Ex GOG' wineskin wrapper. Once done startup the app and for the first time you will be shown several screenshots just press okay to them and get the game up and running. Here are the screenshots you should see for reference.
From my experience this is still the greatest game in history and I hope this has helped anybody trying to get the GOG version up and running on their macs.