- On top of all these changes, macOS Big Sur comes with a total rehaul for Safari, making the browser a lot more versatile, improving browsing speed, and making it a lot more customizable. The list of upgrades brought by Big Sur goes on, however, you shouldn’t forget that it will support 64-bit applications only.
- Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (or later). The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose (that is the strategy used here).
- After 5 months of beta testing, macOS Big Sur, also known as macOS 11.0, will be released on Thursday. (Update: Get it here.) Users with a compatible Mac will be able to get it for free in the Mac App Store. This new operating system features a new design, Control Center, a revamped Notification Center, and many other new features.
- How to free up space for macOS Big Sur? Complete the following steps to ensure your Mac is ready to update to Big Sur. Backup your Mac. Back up all files and data that are stored on your Mac. Preferably twice to different locations. While upgrading to Big Sur is safe, you never know when something might go wrong.
The macOS Big Sur update is probably one of the most feature-rich updates that Apple has released recently for its macOS machines.
Hi I could not find proper tutorial to install older version of SDR# or SDR Console on Big Sur. My Windows laptop is very old and unstable. I own 11' MacBook Air from 2015, I am going to change to higher SSD and install Windows via Boot Camp on the future. I own SDR RTL V3 and recently got YouLoop and love to listen 80m HAM.
It carries several improvements and even brings one of the biggest UI overhauls to macOS, bringing it more in line with the UI offered on iOS 14.
Of course, a quick Google search will serve you dozens upon dozens of articles detailing all that’s new and the same goes with videos on YouTube.
But before getting excited about the new features and improvements, it’s also worth noting that, like most other software updates, the macOS Big Sur update also has its fair share of bugs and issues.
Take for example the bug we reported of earlier which prevents some MacBook users on Big Sur from booting their devices while connected to a monitor via Thunderbolt.
Now, another issue appears to be troubling many Mac users. After installing the macOS Big Sur (11) update, users are reporting that the printing function is now broken.
We’ve shared multiple reports from affected users below:
Printing went well on Catalina. Now printing stopped and showed message ‘Filter failed’. Using printer Lexmark C543 and removed and entered the printer once. Same problem. Printer supply is visible in browser. Seems to be OS problem. (Source)
Same problem overher with my Lexmark CX310 when i print. Printer receives nothing it even does not even wake up. Tried to install new drivers from Lexmark but this is also resulting in an error so new driver are not installed. (Source)
My company we run a Canon C5035, we updated all the iMac 2019 and MacBook to OS Big Sur…Now when we print the text comes out as gray squares. This is a monumental problem for our business. Please provide support ASAP. (Source)
I already updated the latest version MacOS Big Sur Beta 11.0 (20A5384c) but after updated i got some issue in printing the documents. In first beta update document printed but only pictures are printed no paragraph is printed. After second update my new printer HP Laser jet Pro M15a installed but not printing even no error showing. Need support on it. (Source)
As you can see, the problem seems to be affecting users with all sorts of different printers. Therefore, it certainly cannot be pinned down to a certain printer model or even brand for that matter.
At present, the problem has not been acknowledged by Apple directly, although it does have a general fix for printing issues that we’ve shared below.
Furthermore, what seems to be the most likely issue is the printer drivers or rather, lack thereof, as highlighted by a user and a report.
I was able to print using a USB cable though, after downloading the latest driver and connecting to the printer via an old USB type 1 cable that I had around. Seems like Epson needs to update their driver software. (Source)
Most printer manufacturers are yet to release new drivers with support for macOS Big Sur. Therefore, it’s more than likely that most issues would be fixed once the updated drivers go live.
But until then, you might want to try these possible workarounds which may fix the problem for you.
Workarounds for printing issues on macOS Big Sur
1) Reset the Mac printing system (official fix):
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
2. Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
3. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
4. Re-add any printers.
This should fix the issue for some users, however, there are chances that your printer might not work even after performing the steps above.
2) Download the open-source Gutenprint driver:
Wineskin For Mac Big Sur Ordinateur
It seems that users have managed to fix the problem after downloading and installing the Gutenprint driver which is completely free. All you need to do is download the latest package from here and install it on your Mac computer.
3) Check for the latest drivers:
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your printer installed on your Mac computer running macOS Big Sur. There’s a possibility that the current printer drivers aren’t supported on the latest OS.
Therefore, updating the drivers to the latest version might fix the issue for good. Most manufactures provide the drivers on their websites so you should be able to get your hands on the drivers within a few minutes.
That being said, we will continue to keep an eye out for any new developments regarding the broken printing function on macOS Big Sur and will post an update once new details emerge.
In the meantime, do let us know whether any of the workarounds provided here helped you fix the problem. Further, feel free to let us know if we missed out on a workaround that helped you fix the problem.
NOTE: There are more such stories in our dedicated Apple section so be sure to go through it as well.
MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition allows you to move, resize, copy, create, and recover hard disk drive partitions. Partition Wizard Professional Edition is a Windows based best. MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro 12.3 Full Version Rar (28.6 MB) Mirror. MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro 12.1 X86 WinPE ISO (156.0 MB) Mirror. MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro 12.3 X64. Minitool partition wizard full version free download version. Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 11.6 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! MiniTool Partition Wizard adalah aplikasi untuk mengelola parti hard disk ke komputer Anda tanpa harus menginstal ulang atau merusak data dari Hard Disk Drive. Software ini sangat berguna mengatur partisi hard disk Anda dengan mudah. Partition Wizard. Installing the Partition Wizard Full Version download: MiniTool Solution Ltd provides their software as a Windows Executable file and therefore installation is as easy as downloading the file pw12-free.exe.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.