Synaptics Pointing Device Driver was developed to work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 and is compatible with 32 or 64-bit systems. This download was checked by our antivirus and was rated as virus free. The most popular versions among the software users are 19.0, 18.1 and 18.0. Installing the Unknown Device Identifier download: ZhangDuo Corporation International provides their software as a Windows Executable file and therefore installation is as easy as downloading the file UnknownDeviceIdentifier.exe and running it directly after retrieving it.
Unknown Device Issue Overview:
As long as there is a device not working on Windows 10, not recognized or incompatible, you may notice this device displays as unknown device with a yellow exclamation in Windows 10 Device Manager.
For instance, after you plugged in the USB device, your USB mouse or keyboard doesn’t work at all and when you check it in Device Manager, there are one or more unknown devices showing under Other devices branch in Device Manager.
In short, this unknown device Windows 10 issue comes up due to mainly two aspects, the one is that Windows 10 can’t detect the hardware, not to mention to find the driver for the device, and the other one lies in that the device driver is incompatible with Windows 10.
What is Unknown Device?
Unknown device means a device cannot be recognized by Windows 10, show it renamed as an unknown device in device manager. Many devices can be called as an unknown device if Windows 10 cannot recognize it and cannot install a driver for the device, such as a graphic card, audio card, touchpad, mouse, keyboard, Bluetooth devices, USB devices etc. This often happened after you upgrade your system from Windows 7, 8 to Windows 10 or you plug a new external device on Windows 10.
How Do I find a Driver for an Unknown Device?
As Windows 10 cannot identify the hardware, it cannot install a right driver for the device, Windows 10 unknown device in Device Manager error code 28 or any other device manager error codes pop up. You can find what your error code is from Driver Properties.
Whatever your error is, USB unknown device or any other device unfound, you can make full use of the ways below to find a driver for your device and enable Windows 10 to recognize the device. At the very beginning, you are supposed to find a driver for an Unknown Device. If no driver is found for the unknown device in Device Manager, perhaps you need to troubleshoot more problems on Windows 10, such as system file, hardware error, etc.
Solution 1: Using Hardware ID to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices
In the first place, you can use the hard id to find the driver for Windows 10 unknown device. In some conditions, maybe you can’t find the device name, so you are unable to find the unknown device driver from the official site or from the Internet. But every device has a hardware id, so if you know the hardware id of a device, you can use the hardware id to fix the unknown device driver issue. Here is the solution you need: how to use hardware Id to find a driver.
Solution 2: Update Unknown Device Driver
Possibly, besides hardware ID, you can get the right driver for Unknown device by updating it in Device Manager. The process of updating a driver is to find the device driver for Other devices.
Update Unknown Device Driver Via Device Manager:
1. Open device manager.
2. Expand Other devices and choose the Unknown devices.
3. Right-click it and select Update Driver Software.
This action will let Windows search the driver in the local disk and online to find a driver for the unknown device.
Using the device manager can to some degree install the right driver for the unknown device. So if this way can help solve unknown device problem, it will be good.
If this cannot help, try to install a compatible device driver from other methods.
4. Choose another option of Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. This will show compatible devices drivers and all drivers in the same category as the device.
6. In the compatible hardware list, check Show compatible hardware and you can choose the model to install this driver to replace it for your unknown device.
After it is installed, the unknown device error may disappear and the real device may be listed in device manager. If required, you would better restart Windows 10 to take effect.
Update Unknown Device Driver Automatically:
If the device manager cannot solve find a driver for the unknown device, you can try to a professional and safe driver updating tool – Driver Booster. You can use Driver Booster to identify the unknown device and then download or update the driver. Furthermore, Driver Booster is capable of fixing various error code in Device Manager, now that unknown device doesn’t have a driver, you can manage to fix the error code by Driver Booster.
1. Download Driver Booster at first.
2. After installing and running it on Windows 10, hit Scan to find out which drivers are missing, which drivers are incongruent, which drivers are faulty on your PC.
3. Then locate the driver for the unknown device to Update.
4. Here if you are not sure what device driver is causing the unknown device on Windows 10, it is feasible to Update Now to update all the device drivers for Windows 10.
Tips: How to Use Driver Booster to Fix Device Error Codes?
Here if you are encountering device error code 1 or 10 or whatever, you are able to fix the driver error code by Driver Booster.
After Driver Booster scanned for the problematic device drivers, on the left side, click Tools button and then hit Fix device error to let Driver Booster find out what causes unknown device appears in Device Manager.
When the drivers are installed, you can enter the device manager see there is still unknown device under Other devices. In some cases, it is likely that unknown device disappears from Windows 7, 8, 10 Device Manager as Driver Booster has found the driver for the undetected device.
Solution 3: Find Driver by Windows 10 Updates
In order to install the right driver for the unknown device so as to remove the device error, there is another way open to you, namely, finding a driver by checking Windows 10 updates.
1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
2. Under Windows Update, on the right side, choose to Check for updates. Utorrent free download for windows 10 2020.
For some unknown devices, after Windows 10 update, Windows 10 not recognizing the device can be fixed successfully.
Solution 4: Disable Driver Signature
When the unknown device appears in Device Manager, it implies that the device drivers are not recognized or not working on Windows 10. And as you all know, there is a driver signature for every certified driver. But sometimes, you failed to find the driver for the device as Windows 10 can’t allow your PC to install the driver due to the factor of driver signature.
Hence, on the basis of the driver safety, it is worth a shot to disable driver signature enforcement to install the driver for unknown device. May it will fix Windows 10 unknown device error.
Solution 5: Run SFC
After upgrading the Windows 10, more than an unknown device pops up under Other devices. In some sense, other devices unknown device results from the corrupted system files on Windows 10. Therefore, you would better try to run the System File Checker to see if an unknown device will perish from other devices.
1. Type in Command Prompt in the search box and then right click it to Run as administrator.
2. In Command Prompt, input sfc/scannow and then press Enter to activate SFC.
Then SFC will begin file checking and correct the problematic files if possible. You can head to Device Manager to check whether or not the unknown device still shows under Other devices.
In a word, you can follow the methods above to fix the unknown device driver error issue on Windows 10.
Install ADB drivers (32 bit or 64 bit) on windows 10, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, Windows XP, and Vista operating system. Download Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform Tools and setup Android USB drivers, Fastboot drivers, Universal ADB Interface drivers, and OEM USB drivers for Windows OS.
Fix ADB not recognized, device not found error using our easy steps guide. In this guide we’ll manually install ADB drivers using four methods: 15 seconds ADB Installer, Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool, ADB Driver Installer, and SDK Platform-tools.3.How to install ADB Drivers on Windows OS
What is ADB?
Android Debug Bridge or ADB is a client-server program that lets you communicate with a device. ADB is a part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Moreover, it includes three components viz. a client, a server, and a daemon.
Besides, a client is the one who runs on your development machine and sends a command. On the other hand, a daemon is the one that runs as a background process on your android device.
And lastly, the communication between the client and daemon is managed by a Server. This communication is most often done over a USB cable, but WiFi connections are also supported.
ADB can control your Android device over USB from a computer, transfer files, install apps, uninstall apps, run powerful shell commands, etc. As long as debugging mode is enabled on your Android device, you can send ADB commands from a computer.
Most important, the ADB commands can even work when your Android device is booted into recovery mode. Moreover, the best part is that your device doesn’t even need to be rooted in the ADB commands to work.
Whats is Fastboot?
Fastboot is a protocol that is used to update the flash file system in Android devices. Additionally, this tool works as an alternative to the recovery mode for implementing updates and installations.
When your device is booted in Fastboot mode, you can easily modify the file system images from the PC over a USB connection. Not all phones have a Fastboot mode that the user can access.
However, for few phones like Nexus, Fastboot is on by default by developers. In this guide, we’ll discuss a step by step procedure on how to install ADB drivers on Windows.
Most importantly, the guide given below is applicable for every Android device including Samsung, Google, Sony, Motorola, Lenovo, One Plus, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei, LG, HTC, Nokia, Xiaomi, etc.
How to install ADB Drivers on Windows OS
Read the instructions given below to manually install ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 32-bit, or 64-bit operating system. If you face any problem, then confirm the latest mobile drivers are installed on your computer or not.
- Ensure to connect your Android device to your PC via USB cable.
- Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Moreover, install the latest USB drivers on your PC.
Method 1: Using 15 seconds ADB Installer
Developed by Snoop05, this is an all in one ADB installer tool for Android. As its name suggests, this tool installs ADB, Fastboot, and Google drivers on your computer within 15 seconds. All you need to do is launch this tool on your PC and follow the instructions given.
15 seconds ADB Installer
Steps to install ADB Drivers
- Download and extract 15 seconds ADB Installer on your PC.
- Launch the 15 seconds ADB Installer.
- To install ADB and Fastboot, type Y and press the enter key.
- Then to install ADB System-wide, again type Y and press enter.
- Now it’ll ask to install device drivers. Again type Y and press enter.
- This will launch the Device driver installation wizard. Press next to install the device drivers.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully installed ADB drivers using 15 seconds ADB Installer.
Method 2: Using Minimal ADB and Fastboot Setup wizard
Shimp208, a recognized contributor from XDA developers has compiled this setup wizard. Its main purpose is to install ADB drivers without having to enter any keys like in the previous method. Besides, the total installation of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is around 2 MB in size, thus making it very lightweight.
Steps to install ADB Drivers
- Download and Extract Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool on your PC.
- Launch it by giving Administrator privileges.
- The installation Setup wizard will open as given below.
- Read out the instructions and click Next to continue.
- Furthermore, click on the Install option to begin the installation process.
- As soon as you click on Install, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot installation process will start.
- Finally, the Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers will be successfully installed on your computer.
Method 3: Using ADB Driver Installer
ADB Driver Installer provides Universal Android ADB USB compatible drivers for Windows operating system.
Steps to install ADB Drivers
- Download and Extract ADB Driver Installer on your computer.
- Then right-click and run it as Administrator.
- Ensure that your Android device is connected to a PC with USB debugging enabled.
- As soon as you launch the ADB Driver Installer, the following screen will appear:
- The device status shows that the drivers are incorrectly installed. So we need to fix this.
- For that click on the Install option. This will begin the installation of ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- If you are prompted Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software, select the Install this driver software anyway option.
- This will start the installation of the Universal Android USB driver.
- Finally, the installation will complete a successful message.
Method 4: Using SDK Platform-tools
In this method, we’ll use ADB commands in a CMD window on your computer. Let’s get straight into it.
Steps to install ADB Drivers
- Download and Extract the SDK Platform-tools zip file on your PC.
- After extraction, you’ll see a folder named Platform tools.
- Move this folder to an easily accessible folder such as C:adb.
- In that folder, open a cmd window.
- For doing so, hold the Shift button and right mouse click anywhere in that folder. You’ll see a list of options from which click on the Open command window here option. This will launch the command prompt window as given below.
- To confirm the proper installation of ADB drivers, type the following command, and press the enter key.
- As soon as you press the enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with some random numbers.
- Moreover, this will confirm the successful connection of your device with the PC using ADB drivers.
Note: If such a thing doesn’t happen, then install USB drivers, enable USB debugging mode, and try again. If the problem persists, try changing the USB cable or the USB port.
Unknown Device Driver For Windows 10 64 Bit Free Download Utorrent
Unknown Device Driver For Windows 10 64 Bit Free Download 32-bit
Finally! You’ve installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers successfully on your computer. If you come across any difficulty or have any issue with the above-given tutorial, then kindly comment below.