If you have Office 2016 on your Mac and you are facing some issues in it, you may remove it completely from your Mac and then reinstall it. Installing App is quite easy on Mac but you may be confused while uninstalling Office 2016. Here, we will provide you some easy steps to uninstall Office 2016 from your Mac.
- Office 2016 Mac Uninstall Completely Windows 10
- Windows 10 Uninstall Office 2016
- Completely Uninstall Ms Office 2016 Mac
You may easily remove Office 2016, follow the below given steps to do that:
Don't launch Office 365 on your reference machine. If you do, you'll need to uninstall it and reinstall it. Don't do an in-place upgrade from Office 2016 to Office 365. Do a fresh install instead. Here's what Microsoft has to say about going this route. Download the Microsoft Office Removal Tool. The Office Removal Tool should work for any version of Microsoft Office (Office 2007, Office 2013, Office 2016, Office 365) on any modern version of Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10) Step 2. Open the Microsoft Office Removal Tool and follow the instructions as prompted. If you put any of the Office applications in your Dock, go to each one and ctrl + click Options Remove from Dock. Restart your Mac to complete the uninstall. Uninstall Office on the old computer. To do this: Press the Windows Key + S key at the same time to open the Search bar. Type uninstall and click Add or remove programs in the search results. Scroll down the right panel and click Microsoft Office (version). Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions. UninstallPKG can remove all 37290 files of Office 2016 at once or completely remove things like Java or the Flash plugin. UninstallPKG is also able to clean-up after uninstalling an application by removing it from the Dock and LoginItems and erasing the files it has generated (preferences etc).
- Remove Office 2016 for Mac applications.
- Remove supporting files.
- Remove Office 2016 for Mac icons from the Dock.
- Restart your computer
By following above given steps you may easily uninstall Office 2016 from your Mac, here we will elaborate these steps to make easier for you to follow them.
To remove Office 2016 for Mac applications
- Open “Finder” and click “Applications.”
- Command + Click to select the Office 2016 for Mac apps.
- Now, press Ctrl+Click or right-click on the apps you selected and click “Move to Trash.”
To remove supporting files
The supporting files you need to remove are stored in library and user library folders. Follow the below given steps to remove them:
Office 2016 Mac Uninstall Completely Windows 10
Remove files from the Library folder
- Open “Finder”, click Go > Computer and then click View >as Columns.
- Go to “Macintosh HD” and click on the Library folder.
- Then, go back and click “LaunchDaemons.” If you see files there, press Ctrl+click or right-click on them and “Move to Trash.”
- Open “LaunchAgents” and if you see any file there, press Ctrl+click or right-click on it and “Move to Trash.”
- Go back and click “PrivilegedHelperTools.” If any file is there, press Ctrl+click or right-click on it and “Move to Trash.”
- Go back and click “Preferences.” If any file is there, press Ctrl+click or right-click on it and “Move to Trash.”
Remove files from the user library folder
- In order to remove files from the library folder, open “Finder” and press “Command + Shift +h.”
- In the Finder menu, click “View > as List”, and then click “View > Show View Options.”
- In the “View Options” window, click “Show Library Folder.”
- Go back to Column view and click “<YourUserName>Library.”
- Click “Containers”, if files are there, press Ctrl+click or right-click each of these files and then click “Move to Trash.”
- Go back to your library folder; click “Cookies”, if files are there. Press Ctrl+click or right-click each of these files and then click “Move to Trash.”
- Similarly click “Group Containers”, if files are there. Press Ctrl+click or right-click each of these files and then click “Move to Trash.”
To remove Office 2016 for Mac icons from the Dock
Windows 10 Uninstall Office 2016
To remove the Office 2016 icons from dock, you need press Control+click or right-click the icon and click Options > Remove from Dock.
To restart your computer
After removing all the above listed files of Office 2016 application, empty the Trash and restart your computer to apply the changes.
You may also learn how to download and install Office 2016 on your Mac.
remove unwanted packages from your Mac
UninstallPKG is an application that allows you to completely remove so called 'packages' (file-extension .pkg) and all their installed contents from your Mac. UninstallPKG can be used to reclaim precious disk-space by removing unwanted functionality like unused printer drivers or completely remove applications you no longer use. UninstallPKG can also keep your Mac clean by removing left-over files from applications that you have already partially removed manually. UninstallPKG can remove all 37290 files of Office 2016 at once or completely remove things like Java or the Flash plugin. UninstallPKG is also able to clean-up after uninstalling an application by removing it from the Dock and LoginItems and erasing the files it has generated (preferences etc).
Usage is completely at your own risk. Make sure you remove only packages corresponding to applications or functionality you DO NOT WANT TO USE ANYMORE. Never uninstall packages where you do not know for sure what they are doing or providing. UninstallPKG is safer than other un-installers because it never removes files that are used by other packages, but uninstalling packages is still an inherently unsafe operation because packages may be depended on by other non-packaged software you are still using.
• macOS 10.14 'Mojave' or later
• Localisations: 🇺🇸 English 🇨🇳 Simplified Chinese 🇩🇪 German (Partial Localisation)
License & Cost:
UninstallPKG is licensed under a proprietary license and costs 9.99$/€.
You can perform 5 un-installations for free before you need to buy the app.
Documentation & Support:
Completely Uninstall Ms Office 2016 Mac
Technical support is available only from within UninstallPKG (in the 'Help' menu).