- If you can't get your Hikvision device to show you live video in the Google Chrome and always get the annoying message to download and install the plugin over and over again, this article is for you. Here I explain how to solve this problem.The picture below shows the final result, it's running on Chrome.
- How to solve the 'Please click here to download plug-in'.
- The Missing Plug-in prompt may also display if you have an outdated version of the plug-in, allowing you to update your Mac with the latest version. To view the content, you will need to install the missing plug-in. Below we show you how to install missing plug-in with Mac OS X.
- Open the menu to add the device IP into the compatibility mode. Click the ALT key to see the Internet Explorer Menu (or click at the top) - On the Menu click on Tools and Compatibility View Settings. Menu Compatibility View Settings (click to enlarge) - Type the DVR (or camera) IP Address and Hit Add.
You can download iVMS-4200 1.0 for Mac from our application library for free. The most popular version of the application is 1.0. This free Mac application was originally created by Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. The application's installer is commonly called en-ivms-4200v1.0for10.6macosx.rar or EN-iVMS-4200v1.0for10.6MACOSX.rar etc.So it seems as of last week Firefox released a new version (52) which pretty much breaks all browser plugins apart from Flash (which is what rendered Chrome useless for this not so long ago). This means you may keep trying to install the WebComponents plugin but it does nothing. Thankfully there is a fix:
How to use Firefox v52 to live view Hikvision device
1. Install the plug in first.
2. Open a blank page of Firefox and input about:config (where you normally type the web address)
3 Press Enter. Click on the, “I Accept the Risk” Button.
4. You will then be in the plugin section of Firefox.
Hikvision Live View PluginRight click, then go to NEW from the dropdown list. You will have 3 options to choice from, you will need to select Boolean. Once you have done that, you will need to type the plugin name:
Click OK and choose “false” for the VALUE.
5. Exit firefox and reload the DVR/NVR web interface to 'accept' to run the plugin at the top of the page (all being well).
There were a few other steps recommended past this, but we have found this alone to do the trick.
In order to view your HikVision cameras from a Mac, you will need to install the IVMS-4200 software first. This article will walk you through the necessary steps.
1. In your web browser, visit : https://us.hikvision.com/en/support-resources/downloads/client-software
2. Expand the FOR MAC section, and click on the download link
3. Locate the file you downloaded (typically to your Downloads folder) and run the install program.
4. The first time you launch the setup it will ask you to create a Administrator. This has no connection to your account on the Hikvision system but is unique to your computer. You can choose any username and password you wish.
5. Walk through the wizard by clicking ENTER WIZARD and NEXT at the prompts
6. Click the ADD button to add your recorder device
7. Choose IP/DOMAIN and enter the info provided by the support team and click ADD when finished.
8. The added device will now appear on your list. You can add additional systems if you have any more to access. Click NEXT when done.
9. There is no GROUP, so click NEXT on this screen.
10. You can IMPORT ALL to select all cameras, then click NEXT. Alternatively you can click NEXT and select the cameras later.
11. When the wizard finishes, you will return to the home screen. You can double click on MAIN VIEW to open the cameras.
12. If you imported all cameras in step 10 they will appear, if not click on the cameras on the left list to add them to the screen on the right.
13. That is it – you now have access to view the cameras from your location on your Mac. As always if there are any issues please email or call Support to open a ticket.