- On September 2, 2015, Hikvision acknowledged Google had discontinued support for NPAPI on Chome version 45 and higher. Hikvision’s solution was to use alternate, not-as-secure browsers. They further committed to produce updated firmware. Years later, Hikvision has yet to address this issue with a firmware release.
- 6) Open Safari browser and enter the NVR IP address to access the web GUI and you will be able to login and view the live cameras. Note:This USSCWebVideoPluginForDVRNVRv3.05.26MAC plugin is currently not available on the Hikvision website. Please contact your local Sales Engineer or technical support to receive it.
- Help & Troubleshooting. If something goes wrong, start here. Topaz Help Center; Help & Troubleshooting Host Editor Configuration Guides.
Many users want to view their Hikvision cameras or access the DVR/NVR using the Safari browser on a Mac. What plugin to install on Safari? How to see a Hikvision camera or NVR using Safari? You can view the cameras on Safari by installing the Mac web plugin for Hikvision.
Hikvision Plugin For Mac Not Working Remotely
In this step-by-step guide, we will show how to access a Hikvision device (IP camera, NVR, DVR) using Safari. You’ll be able to see the live feed, playback, modify the settings, etc. For other browsers, read the instructions about viewing the cameras on Google Chrome or Firefox.
How to access a Hikvision device on Safari?
Previous versions of Mac plugin v22.214.171.124 or earlier versions will not work with latest NVR firmware of v2.3.10 (76xx NVRs) or v3.1.3 (9xxx/7716 NVRs) and above. The NVR GUI page will indicate “No Plug-ins detected” even if previous Mac plugin is installed. By downloading and using software and other materials available via this website, you agree to be legally bound by HIKVISION Materials License Agreement.If you don’t agree to these terms, you may not download or use any of those materials.If you are agreeing on behalf of your company, you represent and warrant that you have legal authority to bind your company to the Materials License.
Hikvision Plugin For Mac Not Working Windows 10
In order to view the Hikvision cameras or NVR/DVR using Safari on a Mac computer, you need to install the Hikvision web plugin made to work on a Mac computer.
Step 1. Install the Hikvision web plugin for Mac. Download it from the Hikvision website or from this google drive link. This plugin supports Mac OS 10.8 or later version. Please close the web browsers while you are installing the plugin.
Hikvision Plugin For Mac Not Working Mac
Step 2. Open up the Safari browser. Type your NVR’s IP address into the address bar. For our example, since we are connected to the same network, we will use our NVR’s local IP address: http://126.96.36.199.
If you’re using an HTTP port other than 80, you need to type at the end of the address. For example, if your HTTP port is 82 then you have to type: http://192.168.1.33:82. Log in using your username and password.
Step 3. You should be able to see the live view of your cameras and the rest of the settings.
If it still doesn’t work, try the following:
- Make sure the iOS of the Mac laptop is updated to the latest version. Check it out and the Preference section.
- Update the Safari to the latest releases. A few versions of older Safari may exhibit problems with the plug-in.
- Lastly, in a few cases (not so often though) you need to update the firmware on the Hikvsion recorder (or camera). Some units run on buggy firmware and may not show the picture on Safari.
If still no luck, contact Hikvision USA or the seller/dealer from where you purchased the product.
Getting the hang of it
- Feb 8, 2015
- Reaction score