- Not only can you download torrents in Windows 10, but there are also new, ModernUI (“Metro”) based torrenting apps available in the Microsoft Store.
- I have performed a clean install of Window 10 Pro, when I installed utorrent 3.2.2 it would not run. I dropped back to 2.2.1 and that installed fine. Windows 7 and uTorrent 3.2.2 worked without issue.
- To reinstall uTorrent on your computer, follow the guide below: On your computer, press on the Windows Key + S and search for the Control Panel. After that, click on Open to launch it. Next, click on Uninstall a Program from the main menu. Lastly, find the uTorrent app from the list and right-click on it then select Uninstall.
Download the official µTorrent® (uTorrent) torrent client for Windows, Mac, Android or Linux- uTorrent is the #1 bittorrent download client on desktops worldwide.
uTorrent has over 150 million users. With it on Windows 10, we can share and download torrent files with ease. But some users ran into uTorrent not responding. In this post, MiniTool will discuss the issue and offer feasible fixes to it.
Quick Navigation :
uTorrent Not Responding
uTorrent is very useful when you want to download Torrents on the website. But some users reported that they have come across uTorrent not responding on Windows 10. The error message is “It seems like uTorrent is already running but not responding. Please close all uTorrent processes and try again”.
Why Is uTorrent Not Responding on Windows 10? The following paragraph lists the possible causes.
- You might not run the client as administrator.
- uTorrent has been blocked by Windows Firewall. When an app or feature is blocked by the Windows firewall, you cannot log in to this app and receive an error code (like ESO error 200) or this app not responding, like uTorrent not responding.
- The configuration files of uTorret have been corrupt. When this happens, the client cannot load all the pre-saved data and cause various issues, including uTorrent not responding on Windows 10.
- The use of proxy servers affects uTorrent’s behavior.
- Your downloaded file contains viruses.
- The installation files of the client get corrupt.
Utorrent For Windows 8
Fix 1: Run uTorrent Administrator on Windows 10
The uTorrent client requires elevated access so it can download data without any interruptions from Windows Firewall or issues with accessing the hard drive.
How to run uTorrent administrator on Windows 10? Refer to the following tutorial.
Step 1: Right-click the uTorrent client and then select the Properties option from the menu.
Step 2: On the Properties window, navigate to the Compatibility tab and then check the Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply > OK to save this change.
Download bluestacks for mac os x 10 6 8. Step 3: Restart your Windows 10 PC and then launch uTorrent again to check if the issue persists.
Fix 2: Allow uTorrent Through Windows Firewall
uTorrent not responding cab been caused by the fact that the internet traffic of this app has been blocked by Windows Firewall. So, follow the steps below to check if uTorrent has complete access.
Step 1: Type Windows Firewall in Cortana’s search bar and then click the result.
Step 2: On the Windows Firewall window, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
Step 3: On the new window, find uTorrent from the list of entries. Then check both Public and Private network box for the app.
Fix 3: Delete uTorrent’s Data from the Configuration Folder
The user configuration files can get corrupt easily. Once this happens, uTorrent will load data and “uTorrent not responding Windows 10” happens. In this case, you need to remove the uTorrent’s data from the application configuration folder.
Step 1: Call out the Run window by pressing Windows + R and then type %AppData%utorrent in the dialogue box and press the Enter key.
Step 2: Delete all the contents of the current folder. After that, restart your computer and launch uTorrent again to see if the issue has been removed.
Fix 4: Disable Proxy Server
You may enable proxy servers to enjoy faster internet. But the use of proxy servers can conflict with network applications, including uTorrent.
Here is the tutorial on how to disable proxy servers.
Step 1: Call out the Run window. Input inetcpl.cpl in the dialogue box and then hit the Enter key.
Windows 10 Cannot Download Files
Step 2: On the Internet Properties window, navigate to the Connections tab and then click the LAN settings button.
Step 3: Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN box and click the OK button to confirm.
After disabling proxy servers, relaunch the application to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Scan Your Computer with Windows Defender or Antivirus
Utorrent For Windows 8 Download
When uTorrent not responding happens, it is possible that your computer has been infected with virus. If that is the case, you need to scan your computer. You can do that with Windows built-in tool that is Windows Defender or third-party antivirus, like Bitdefender.
Cannot Install Utorrent Windows 10
Here I show you how to run Windows Defender to scan your computer.
Type Windows Defender in Cortana’s search bar and then click the result. On the new window, click Virus & threat protection > Run a new advanced scan. Then select Full Scan and hit the Scan Now button.
Cannot Download Utorrent Windows 10 Version
If all of the above fixes fail to fix uTorrent not responding, you can completely uninstall this application. Power off your computer and power on it. Then fresh-install the latest version of uTorrent and see if the last resort could be helpful.
Can't Install Utorrent Windows 10
In this post, I would like to recommend some free tools to help you improve Windows 10 experience. What are they? Read the post now.