There are several free screen recording software that works perfectly in Mac or Windows operating system. The screencasting software is mostly free but if you need proper screencasting software with a multitude of different extraordinary features then you should go for the premium best screen recording software. OBS Studio is another best screen recorder for Mac that is free and open source most suited for video recording and live streaming. With OBS Studio you will be up and running within no time and have total control over your streams. This app is very lightweight with even high performance without taking a toll on your Mac OS X resources.
Where can I get screen recorder for Macbook?
Some Mac users will want to teach or train something, make presentations, or communicate some computer issues. If you are in this league, then you are probably asking yourself where you can get a screen recorder for Macbook. What is for sure is that you won’t just be looking for a screen recorder, but a top rated one. So if you are looking for a screen recorder, you are in the right place. Read on to get yourself a good screen recorder. At the end of this article, all you will need to do is to decide on the app that suits your purpose.
#1. Apowersoft Screen Recorder
Apowersoft screen recorder is well known for its ability to record quality screencast. It also provides you with the option of recording system audio as well as mic audio. With just a simple click, you can customize your screen recordings to either full screen or a specific part of the screen.Pros:
- Free, open source and cross-platform Audacity is available for free on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux with source code available here.
- Apple’s QuickTime Player is a free screen recorder for Mac user. Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac, select File New Screen Recording. In the Screen Recording, pop-up Menu choose the Recording.
- Debut is a good free MAC screen recorder software. It can be used to video capture MAC screen, webcam, network, screen, and some other devices like VHS recorder.It can be used to record a part of the selection, or a full screen.
- It has a software converter feature which allows you to convert your videos to 3GP, WMV, AVI, HTML5 or others.
- It allows automatic trigger of recordings based on your task schedule.
- The free trial has limited recording time.
#2. QuickTime Player
As a Mac user, you obviously know that Quick Time Player comes as a default video player for Mac. What you might be missing is that the same video player can be used as a screen recording tool. You probably didn’t expect that. But yes, Quick Time Player is such a great tool for recording the screen in Mac.Pros:
- The recording can only be limited by the space available on your hard drive.
- It is easy to use.
- It can’t play two videos simultaneously.
- It doesn’t support other video formats.
At position 3 is Jing, a professional screen capture tool that exhibits video recording capabilities. This app will allow you to use the microphone during recording. Thus, if you want to narrate through some process or guiding steps, this software is the right one for you.Pros:
- It is easily accessible.
- It has a history feature that allows you to see you recent recordings.
Screen Recorder Mac Free DownloadCons:
- It has very limited editing tools.
- It tends to lag from time to time.
If you are looking to have some more control in recording and editing your desktop screens, ScreenFlow can help you achieve you needs. The $99 app is widely used and can record very part of the desktop. It allows you to zoom, crop, and pan the recorded screen. This ensures professional production of screencasts. Additionally, as you make presentations you can be able to track the mouse movements and record them with ease.Pros:
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It allows you to edit the screen.
- It is powerful and can allow you to access iPhoto libraries and iTunes.
- It has a quite difficult learning curve.
Train station simulator free download. Train Station Simulator is a station builder and manager game. Create and maintain your dream grand station! Ride the rails and operate your ultimate grand central empire! Be a creative engineer by planning flooring tiles, building walls and installing. Train Station Simulator, free and safe download. Train Station Simulator latest version: Build Up A Station. Make Sure The Trains Run On Time. Train Station Simulator, as the name implies, is a game where you build a train station or statio.
Snagit is another great screen recorder that will help you record some high-quality screen-videos. Unlike other apps, Snagit will retain what you have recorded, allowing you retrieve them at any time.Pros:
- You can easily retrieve the recordings given that they are stored in the tray.
- It features a user-friendly interface.
- It provides an option of using keyboard shortcuts to start the process of recording.
- It is somehow expensive as compared to other screen recorders.
- It has limited editing features.
Monosnap is a free screen recorder application that works pretty well in Mac OS. This app allows you to record your screen and upload any file to your server. It comes equipped with built-in editing feature that allows you to edit any recording that you make. It also allows the user to launch the system audio, mic, and webcam simultaneously.Pros:
- It allows you to use the system audio, webcam and mic simultaneously.
- It allows you to hide private information.
- You will need to register a Monosnap account.
#7. Camtasia Studio
Just like ScreenFlow, Camtasia Studio will allow you to record the full screen. You can do some editing, and be able to zoom in and out of screen parts subject to the recording timeline. It allows you to simultaneously record using Mac’s in-built iSight camera.Pros:
- It has very good animation features such as Zoom to Fit.
- It saves time with its smart focus tools used for editing.
- You don’t have much control over editing as it does it automatically using the smart focus tools.
- Zooming accuracy is not guaranteed.
Capto is a very powerful and customizable screen recorder for Mac OS X. This professional app provides you with several custom options with which you can take screenshots.Pros:
- It can record external videos and audio.
- It allows you to easily share your recordings with some one click options such as Tumblr, Evernote YouTube, and more.
#9. Snapz Pro X
If you are looking to address a specific need such as making a tutorial, then you need Snapz Pro X. This app has been designed such that it allows you to capture a specific part of your Mac screen. With this app, you can get the features that you find necessary to you as it is not bloated. It comes with an amazing feature called “live preview” which allows you to see the place you need to record before recording it.Pros:
- It is simple to use.
- It is relatively cheaper compared to other apps.
Free Screen Recorder Mac OsCons:
- It has very few features.
Best Free Screen Recorder For Mac OsxPrice: $69.00
Quickcast is another incredible app that any Mac user can use to capture their Mac screens. This free app is very fast and allows you to share your screencast via a QuickCast portal. This screen casting app will also allow you to embed your recordings to WebPages and blog posts.
Best Screen Recorder For MacPros:
- It is super fast.
- Allows you to easily share your screencasts.
Best Mac Screen Recorder Free
- Its recording time limited to 3 minutes only